You must be aware of the benefits and uses of indoor plants in our home. But in this blog, you will know some interesting and important facts about placing plants indoors. They not only give you clean oxygen to breathe but also enhance the ambience indoors. Some plants are also advantageous as it brings luck to the house with positivity. Below given are 7 Best indoor plants as per Vastu, which can bring you good luck.
From ancient times, Indian traditions and science have played an important role. They both are known for their tremendous benefits. Vastu is a perfect balance of both of them. It is an age-old traditional practice that brings in the science of the known benefits of these plants in our life. It is highly recommended to use the best indoor plants for health, wealth and psychological benefits.
List Of Best Indoor Plants As Per Vastu
Scientifically is known as ‘Ocimum tenuiflorum’. And commonly known as ‘Holy Basil’. This plant is popular for its medicinal properties. It is a religious plant also according to Hindu mythology. People worship this plant in India. It needs a good amount of sunlight and regular watering when the topsoil dries out. This is a must-have plant for every home and thus it is number one in my list of Best indoors plants as per Vastu.
- It has been considered a medicinal plant as using its leaves will treat throat and skin infections. They are also beneficial in colds, coughs and respiratory disorders.
- It also brings positive energy to your home and reduces stress from the environment.
- Being a religious plant, you need to give it proper care and respect than the usual plants at home.
- You should maintain cleanliness,-around, especially near the plant. You can not keep footwear, broom or dustbin near this plant.
- As per the old traditions it is also said that you have to water the plant only after taking a bath. Water it using a dedicated Kalash which should be clean.
2. Neem plant
The scientific name of this plant is ‘Azadirachta Indica’. Commonly also known as ‘Margosa’. It is a plant of Indian origin. It is also popular as a medicinal plant due to its properties. It is used in medicines of ‘Ayurveda’. It is also used in cosmetic products for skin problems. It needs bright sunlight. Watering should be regularly done but avoid overwatering this plant. A good drainage pot suits it well.
- As per Vastu, it is advised to keep it in the northwest direction to induce peace and prosperity in the house. It keeps the evil energies out of your house.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial for skin problems and hair growth.
- It purifies the air from harmful bacteria and saves you from infections.
- Neem is found to lower blood sugar levels. So, you need to monitor it when you are taking it for any purpose.
- It is not safe for kids, pregnant women or pets if consumed directly.
3. Lavender Plant
Scientific name for lavender is ‘Lavandula Angustifolia’. It’s commonly known as ‘English Lavender’. It has beautiful flowers of pink and purple shade. The leaves of this plant always remain green. It is a plant beneficial in many ways.
- As per Vastu, it is considered to be kept in the bedroom as it induces relaxation and inner peace to the mind and body.
- This plant has medicinal benefits.
- It is also a popular tea flavour due to its sweet aroma.
- Lavender is used in different forms such as dried leaves, lavender flowers and essential oils to make many beneficial products.
- It may irritate when inhaled or consumed directly.
- It may include side effects like constipation, diarrhoea and headache.
4. Banana Tree
The banana tree has a significant value in Indian mythology. It is worshipped as plant ‘Tulsi’. According to the traditions, it is associated with Lord Vishnu. Worshipping this plant leads to a peaceful and prosperous life. It needs direct sunlight and regular watering.
- As per Vastu, the Banana plant should be placed in the East and North-East direction of your house.
- It induces wealth and good health when placed in the right direction.
- It is also called to elevate the ‘kundli’ problems related to planet Jupiter, as per Indian astrology. It can be helpful to improve health and late marriage issues.
- Some people are allergic to this plant. So, make sure that you are not allergic to it.
- It has rare chances of getting any side effects. But it should be avoided to consume in large quantities as it can increase the amount of potassium in your blood level.
It is also known as ‘Paeonia Lactiflora’. Commonly also known as White Peony, Chinese Peony and Garden Peony. It is a flowering plant that is used to make medicines due to its health benefits. It is a beautiful plant native to East Asia. It needs direct sunlight and regular watering in a good drainage pot to bloom completely.
- It is used as medicine for many women’s problems including POS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome).
- It helps induce menstruation in women.
- It is also beneficial as medicine for Osteoarthritis, Respiratory tract illness and Coughing.
- It may cause side effects in some cases. It can cause diarrhoea, excess bleeding and digestion discomfort.
Scientific name for it is ‘Jasminum Officinale’. It is native to Iran. It has gorgeous white flowers which are famous for their fragrance. Keep your plant near a window as it needs bright sunlight to flourish. Adequate watering is required when the topsoil dries out.
- As per Vastu, it is said to place the plant indoors in a south-facing direction for inducing good sleep.
- It is also said beneficial for improving your relationship compatibility.
- Its fragrance is used in many commodities like perfumes, candles, essential oils and my favourite jasmine tea.
- It is mostly safe for everyone. It may irritate some people.
7. Hibiscus Plant
Hibiscus is a beautiful plant with tremendous health benefits. It is a flavourful plant with a fruity tangy taste. It is a flowering plant with gorgeous red flowers. Sunlight is required for this plant. It needs more watering in summers as compared to winters.
- As per Vastu, the plant should be kept in the north or east directions. It brings positivity, peace and stability to the house.
- It is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which helps in diseases like diabetes, asthma, heart disease and cancer.
- It is a popular flavour in tea, juices, jams and spreads.
- Some people may get allergic to hibiscus and may suffer from the side effects like low blood pressure, nausea and headache.
Order them today and see the positive results in your life. By placing these best indoor plants as per vastu you will invite your fortune and good luck into your house.
Read Also :-
- 15 Best Indoor Plants for Living Room
- 10 Best Indoor Plants For Clean Air
- 7 Best Indoor Plants For Study Table
- 7 Best Longest Living Indoor Plan
- 10 Best tall indoor plants for low light